Forschungslabor: „Geschichte und Sozialanthropologie Südost‐ und Osteuropas“
Zeit: Donnerstag, 14–16 Uhr (Lehrstuhl) oder 16–18 Uhr (Graduiertenschule und Leibniz-WissenschaftsCampus)
Ort: WiOS, Landshuter Str. 4 (Raum 017)
Guidelines for Authors
Instructions for Papers
We would kindly ask authors to pay attention to the following instructions when submitting papers:
- We recommend that you send manuscripts to the Editorial Office, preferably as electronic attachments and in a common text processing format (jahrbuecher(at)ios-regensburg.de). CD-ROMs are also acceptable.
- For all papers we need a short, but informative summary in the English language.
- In addition, we would ask you to send some personal details to be printed at the end of the issue. Requested details are: name, academic title, work or private address, and electronic mailing address, if applicable.
- If possible, please use the template file when writing your essay. You can also import your text into the template file afterwards; however, you may have to reset the formatting to standard by pressing Ctrl+Spacebar, which may result in your emphasis within the text being lost. For the same reason, please only use paragraph formats from the template file.
- Citations must be marked with quotation marks (‟...”). The Editorial Office cannot take responsibility for retaining emphasis in the printed publication, particularly, if it is in italics, since it might get lost during the conversion process.
- Please format any explanatory comments as footnotes.
- Please use italics for emphasis instead of CAPITALS or bold face.
- If possible, please mark authors’ names in footnotes with small capital letters (if in doubt, leave them unformatted; under no circumstances capitals!).
- Please do not format the text in any other way (for example margins, indentations, paragraph spacing, font sizes and styles, etc.).
- It is preferable to use tables for tabular lists instead of tabs.
- Please use only informative short titles (without year, unless necessary for distinguishing purposes) or abbreviations (particularly in the case of archive names) in footnotes.
- Pattern of bibliographical references in footnotes:
- Monographs: Stökl Russische Geschichte, p. 255-259 (authors’ names preferably in small capital letters)
- Essays: Kleinschmidt Der Vertrag von Gatschina, p. 240 (authors’ names preferably in small capital letters)
- Documents from archives: Archive (preferably abbreviation), shelfmark(s) (separate by commas), if need be ‟Sheet 25” / ‟Sheet 25v”: description of the document; for example: WAPP AMP, 2452, Sheets 83–91, here Sheet 88: Protokół z posiedzenia Zarządu PeWuKa, Rady Miejskiej i Magistratu Poznania w dniu 16-go września 1927.
- Short title and archive details are to be repeated, if necessary; never ‟id. ”, ‟ibid. ” or the like!
- a double-columned, alphabetical ‟Index of Abbreviations” in the form of a table, with the abbreviations in the first column;
- an alphabetical ‟Bibliography”; if your short titles are obvious, you do not need a separate column for this purpose. Please do not distinguish between sources and literature!
- Monographs: Stökl, Günter Russische Geschichte. 6th, extended edition Stuttgart 1997. = Kröners Taschenausgabe; 244. (authors’ names preferably in small capital letters)
- Essays: Kleinschmidt, Arthur Der Vertrag von Gatschina, in: Forschungen zur Geschichte Bayerns 6 (1898), p. 206-253. (authors’ names preferably in small capital letters)
- Archives: name, place
Manuscripts in the German or French language must apply Academic Transcription; English-language texts may use a predefined variant of English-American transliteration, both according to this table (PDF). In longer citations, particularly from older sources, Cyrillic letters may be used in the UNICODE format, not, however, in bibliographical references.
Instructions for Reviews
We would kindly ask authors to pay attention to the following instructions when writing reviews:
- Please adhere strictly to the length restrictions.
- We recommend that you send manuscripts to the Editorial Office, preferably as e-mail attachments and in a common text processing format (jgo(at)ios-regensburg.de). CD-ROMs are also acceptable. However, we do not recommend you to send diskettes because there are often difficulties with their readability.
- We would kindly ask you to submit complete bibliographical information on the reviewed books, that is, first and last name of the author, complete title and subtitle of the work, publishing house and place of publication as well as the total number of pages and, where relevant, the series title, including issue number. Please indicate the place of publication, as on the title leaf, in the respective language of the publication (e.g. Moskva, Praha, Warszawa).
- Titles in Russian and in less common languages must be translated in square brackets.
- Reviews do not contain footnotes; therefore, please include bibliographical references in the text.